I had fun reading over my blog stats 2015 post. It’s like going back in time! And it’s fun to see how much Cuddle Fairy has grown in a year! In January 2015 I had been blogging for 9 months. Now, Cuddle Fairy is approaching her second birthday!
A lot has happened in 2016! It was a really great year for Cuddle Fairy. I started to work with brands on some amazing collaborations. Cuddle Fairy had over 188k views all over the world! I grew my YouTube channel & faced my fear of talking to the camera (even though I still don’t like to do it). And grew my overall following to over 33k!!
Fun Stats from 2016
The most viewed post in 2016 was my Cruise Norwegian Breakaway post – it contains tips for cruising that amazing ship. We paid for our cruise, thoroughly enjoyed it & I wrote a few posts about it. They are some of my most viewed posts every day which is amazing!
So, let’s see if I met my goals for 2016!
In January 2015 my blogging goals were the following, and in red is whether I met that goal….
1. Grow my Pinterest following to 2,000 & have it as a top 5 referrer for my blog. Nope! Never focused on Pinterest properly; by a miracle, I have 1.4k followers but Pinterest is not a top referer for my blog.
2. Grow my following on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram to a combined 20,000. YES! Woohoo! I have a combined following on these three networks of over 30k so I’m delighted with that!
3. Add to my YouTube video collection & start building a subscriber base. Over the past couple of months, I started to grow Cuddle Fairy’s YouTube channel & I’m now addicted to it. I’m loving making videos!! I have over 1k subscribers which I’m thrilled about.
4. Make a media kit & a site map. Done & done! I need to update my media kit this month.
5. Start making money from blogging. I’m happy to say I have started making money in 2016!!
6. Continue to learn the technical side of blogging. That’s the unfun side for me. I do the best I can with the help of Google!
7. Find a blog / life balance & schedule that works for me & my family. I don’t think you can ever find a perfect balance but I’m doing better than I was last year!
Other goals included running my two linkys which I still do – Blogger Club UK & Candid Cuddles. Not spending too much time on social media, which I’ve been better about. It’s tough as a small blogger who doesn’t have any staff though! lol I had a realization that there is only so much I can do in a day. I am treating my blog like a business & trying to stick within reasonable working hours.
Goals for 2017
I’m not really a New Years resolution type of person but I do like to set goals for myself & my blog. For Cuddle Fairy, these are my 2017 goals…
1. To continue to grow Cuddle Fairy as a business, with more brand collaborations.
2. Branch out in other ways – maybe a book!
3. Continue with my linkys & current schedule of posting.
4. Focus on growing Facebook & Pinterest.
5. It might be over ambitious but I’m setting myself a 50k follower goal for this year! EEEEKKKKK!!!!!
6. Keep the family / blog balance in check which means not spending every weekend blogging & not over doing it on social media.
So there you have it! 2016 at a very quick glance. And 2017 in the making. What are your goals for 2017? x