Homemade chocolate chip cookies blow the store bought ones out of the water! They are gooey, soft & crunchy deliciousness! Growing up, my mom always made us cookies at Christmas & I’ve passed that tradition on to my kids. We make this chocolate chip cookies recipe during the year too – it’s too nice to limit to Christmas!
Sometimes I substitute 1 cup of the chocolate chips for mini-smarties which gives the cookies dashes of colour.
This recipe is fast, easy & tasty. It takes about 30 minutes to prep & bake. I tend to double the recipe & give some away (or eat them all). The cookies last well for 2 – 3 days in an air-tight container.
1/2 lb (227g) butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups (9oz) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chip
1. Preheat oven to 180c fan oven (350f).
2. Cream the butter & sugars. I use an electric mixer to do so. Add the eggs one at a time & beat well after adding each one.
3. Sieve the flour & baking soda into a separate bowl & mix. Slowly add the flour mix to the batter, stirring by hand.
4. Lastly, add the vanilla extract & chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
5. Greece your baking sheets well or use baking paper with a small amount of grease on it. Drop a generous dessert spoon scoop of batter onto the sheet for each cookie. You can adjust the size bigger or smaller to your taste…but keep the cookies all fairly equally sized so they cook evenly. And leave plenty of space around each one as they expand out as they bake.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes (if you change the size of the cookies the cook time will change too so keep an eye on them). Every oven is different so take a look around 8 minutes. They are done when they are browned like the ones in the feature photo at the top or bottom of the post.
7. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before trying to remove them. Otherwise, they tend to crumble apart.
8. Let them cool on baking sheets just enough to eat – they are delicious warm! Enjoy xx
I’d love to see your finished cookies! Share a photo with me on social media! x