I’m delighted to have a guest post from the fabulous Debbie at My Random Musings. Debbie’s blog is full of interesting reads. Everything from blogging tips to short stories. Take it away Debbie…
Have you ever wondered how to tell if you’re a blogger? The obvious answer is you know you are a blogger when you write a blog! But I think anyone who has blogged for a month or more realises it is much more than just writing it, it becomes a part of who you are and what you are about. With that in mind, I have compiled a list of signs that you are a blogger at heart.
You know you are a blogger when:
• You check your blog email before your personal email
• You use phrases like “My SEO influence has really dropped off this month” – and you actually know what they mean
• You know more about HTML than you ever thought you would need to
• You are active on more social media platforms than you ever thought possible
• You stop talking mid-sentence because the perfect post idea just came to you
• You think nothing of buying something you have no use for, just because it will make a perfect accessory in a photo for an upcoming blog post
• You get a warm glow when you receive a new comment on a post, especially if it is a post you were a bit nervous about publishing
• Your inbox is never empty, no matter how often you organise your emails
• You read other people’s blogs more often than you read books or magazines
• Your mood can easily change when you receive an email from a PR rep – if it’s that opportunity you have been waiting for, then its instant elation. Or if it’s that generic email that gets your name wrong and expects you to plug their product for free, then you can find yourself seething just as quickly
• You talk to other bloggers online as much as you talk to your IRL friends, and at some point you realise those other bloggers have become friends
• You’ve had that moment when something goes so wrong you just want to scream/cry/give up – but you don’t. You dust yourself off and get on with it.
• You feel a sense of wonderment that people choose to come and read your words – and they seem to like them
• You pull your camera/phone out at some very odd moments because you saw a perfect photo opportunity for your blog or your Instagram
• You literally can’t imagine not blogging because you would miss the writing, the reading and the fantastic people way too much
So, there you have it, my list of ways to know you are a blogger. How many of these did you check off? Which ones would you add?
Loved this post, Debbie, thank you! It really made me smile as I checked every box. Here’s a little about Debbie & where you can find her:
Born in 1982 in North East England, I knew from an early age I wanted to be a writer. Life got in the way, and the dream was put on the back burner, although never forgotten. I now write my own blog which you can read here, write guest posts for other blogs and am planning on completing my first novel by the end of this year! You can also find Debbie on Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin & Instagram
Hi, I'm Becky, creator & author at Cuddle Fairy. Cuddle Fairy is a positive space on the internet where all of my blog posts & videos have a positive slant. Cuddle Fairy's motto is: There's positivity around every corner.
I am wife & mom to three amazing kiddies. Originally from NY, I now live in the gorgeous West of Ireland with my family. Find out more on my About page.
I love to connect with my readers - leave me a comment below or send me a note on social media!