The whole family enjoys this recipe. It’s easy to do & turns out nice & crispy. The cornflakes breading makes a nice change from the usual breadcrumb topping. You can substitute the cod for hake or chicken.
Unfortunately, I don’t have exact measurements for you on this recipe – I take a bit of this & a bit of that & throw it together. Keep your ingredients handy in case you need more of something while you breading the fish.
Cod (or hake or chicken)
Eggs (2+ depending on how many pieces of fish you are making)
Optional: Salt, Pepper or other seasonings
1. Take out the ingredients along with three plates & one bowl.
2. Place some flour on one plate. Crush up the cornflakes & place them on another plate.
3. Beat the eggs in the bowl.
4. Remove the skin & bones from the fish & cut to desired sizes. If you are using any seasonings, sprinkle them on the fish now.
5. You are ready to roll! Place a piece of fish into the plain flour & turn it around to fully coat it in flour. Then dip it into the egg & turn it to coat in egg. Next, place the fish into the cornflakes & turn it to coat in the cornflakes.
6. Place the finished pieces of fish onto a plate & repeat the same steps until all of the pieces are coated.
7. I shallow fry the fish in a very small amount of olive oil for a couple of minutes on each side to seal the cornflakes. You could skip this step for a healthier option but it’s not as tasty.
8. Bake at 180c / 350 f Fan Oven for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes apart with a fork. Enjoy!
I have no pretty picture of the fish plated up because I forgot – everyone was too hungry & it was gone before I remembered!
Have you ever used cornflakes for a breading? x