I’m so honoured to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Fairies and Pirates. Thank you, Isabella! It means so much to me that you thought to nominate my blog. I’m really touched to receive my second Liebster Award. You can read about my first award, questions & nominations here. Because this is my second award, I’m going to answer Isabella’s questions but I’m not going to nominate other blogs. So, here we go!
1. Which three female dinner guests would you invite and why? I’d invite Jane Goodall because I’m fascinated with her work. Ellen Degeneres for a laugh, I think she’s so funny. And, Blake Lively for some fashion tips. It’d be quite the diverse dinner party!
2. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? “The only regrets in life are the risks we don’t take.” I think that’s from the movie, Grumpy Old Men! lol
3. What prompted you to launch a blog? I joined Twitter last year September and had so much fun interacting with people and sharing positive, uplighting tweets. It got me thinking about a positivity blog and then came Cuddle Fairy!
4. What’s your favourite tipple? At the moment, I’m enjoying Merlot, preferably from Chile. I’m no wine expert, but they tend to taste nice. If I’m out somewhere exciting, I love a cosmopolitan!
5. Apart from your kids and family, what’s the one thing you can’t live without? This is going to sound awful, but my iPhone. It’s basically permanently attached to me. I love it. Especially after starting Cuddle Fairy – everything is on my phone.
6. What are you most proud of? My three kids! Definitely the best part of my life.
7. What’s the best and worst part of motherhood? Best is the unconditional love I have for my kids and they have for me. It’s such an amazing, unique and special bond. The worst part is the lack of sleep. It comes in waves now that my youngest is 2, I’m doing pretty well for sleep most weeks. But if she’s not well or cutting teeth then sleep goes out the window again. And, if one kid gets sick it usually spreads like wildfire and no one gets much sleep.
8. What are the top three things on your bucket list? I’d love to go sky diving! I don’t know if I’d really ever do it, but I think it’d be amazing! I’d love to travel, particularly to Italy. And, I’d like to own my own business someday.
9. What’s the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done? Oh, come on now! This blog is G-rated. lol
10. What’s your earliest/happiest childhood memory? I remember my sister being born! I was 3 years & 4 months old. I remember going to the hospital with my father and seeing my sister through the glass in the nursery. She was asleep and looked so cute. We visited three days in a row and each visit I was allowed to pick something from the gift shop. I remember that gift shop so clearly! One day I picked a doll. Another day I picked a lolly. I can’t remember the third choice!
11. What quote sums up you / your life philosophy? Well, the Cuddle Fairy motto is – There’s positivity around every corner. I believe that! I also believe in living with no regrets – say what needs to be said, do what needs to be done, don’t wait for tomorrow, take the chance!