Banana Bread: it’s delicious, nutritious and my kids love it!
When you have a few bananas that have gotten over ripe, make some banana bread.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
8 tablespoons (4oz) Butter
1 1/2 Cups (70z) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (3oz) whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cups (3oz) sugar
3 very ripe bananas
1-2 tsp Vanilla Extract (1 tsp of the dark colored type or 2 tsp of the lighter type)
1. Preheat oven to 325f or 160c (for a fan oven)
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and beat in the eggs, one at a time.
4. Mash the banana with a fork, in a small bowl then mix them into the butter & egg mix. Mix until combined.
5. Stir the banana/egg mixture into the dry ingredients, using the spatula. Stir in the vanilla. This is how my kids enjoy banana bread. If you wanted you could add some walnuts or other nuts at this stage.
6. Line the baking tin with baking paper. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until it’s nicely browned.
7. Test the bread by poking a toothpick into it, if it comes out mostly clean, then the bread is done. Place the bread on a cooling rack, and leave it to cool for 15 minutes in the tin. After that time, turn the bread out onto the cooling rack to finish cooling.