My recipe for dark chocolate brownies has been perfected after many fails. The first time I made brownies, they turned out fluffy & cake-like. I’ve tried different quantities of chocolate & ingredients to develop this most delicious, fudgy recipe. This is one of those recipes where everything has to be exact to work. Follow my tips & your brownies will turn out gorgeous.
200g Dark Cooking Chocolate – go for a nice quality chocolate, it makes a huge difference.
50g Cadbury’s Milk Chocolate
100g Unsalted Butter, very soft
250g Caster Sugar
4 Large Eggs
60g Plain Flour
60g Cocoa Powder
1/2 pinch of salt
9″ x 9 ” Tin lined with baking paper.
Method for Making Dark Chocolate Brownies:
1. Heat fan oven to 180c.
2. Get your ingredients ready to roll:
a. Place the butter & sugar in a mixing bowl (blue bowl below).
b. Melt the dark & milk chocolate, I use the microwave.
c. Have your eggs handy.
d. Sift the flour, cocoa & salt into a bowl & mix them together (glass bowl below).
3. Beat the sugar & butter until it’s fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time & beat well after each.
5. Spoon the melted chocolate into the egg / sugar / butter mix & mix thoroughly. I use a mixer up to & including this step.
6. Gently stir in the flour / cocoa / salt mix by hand. Combine it well but don’t over stir it.
7. Spoon the mix into the tin & spread it out evenly.
8. Cook for 25 minutes. Check the brownies with a cocktail stick, the stick should come out a bit chocolatey but not too wet.
9. Cool in the tin for an hour, then remove the brownies to a cooling rack Wait for them to fully cool, then cut & enjoy!
The brownies store well in an airtight container for up to 3 days (if they aren’t devoured before that).
Santa enjoyed the yummy brownie we left out for him, you can see his plate here. Have you made dark chocolate brownies before? x