I’m delighted to welcome Mainly from My Real Fairy to the Happiness Series this week with her answers to the happiness series interview!
1. Name three things in life that make you happy. And, please tell us a little about each one. My boys my partner, family, and friends.
2. What’s something you do to find your happiness when you’ve lost it? I’ve never lost my happiness luckily; I’ve never suffered in that way. There have been and are times when I’m stretched and maxed and that’s the point when I book a massage or my nails and try to recapture the ‘me’ side of things. Having a girly time is my best medicine.
3. What cheers you up after a long, difficult day? Wine! The boys getting along and playing together helps everything go well and it does fill me with such a warm feeling when they are behaving. The wine helps this…just a glass but its nicer to have than not!
4. Does your job make you happy? If you are a SAH parent, does that make you happy? Yes, my job makes me very happy. Its high stress, demanding (just like being a parent) but the flexibility I have in my position is amazing. I can do the school runs, be there for most of the pick-ups and provide a comfortable income for the family. I consider myself very lucky.
5. Share a happy memory with us. Giving birth is my most absolute favourite memory in my life. Both times equally as good as each other. The emotional effect and the instant love and change in myself is the most powerful punch I’ve ever been dealt. I loved it…..well, the end result.
6. Do you think money can bring happiness? To a certain degree yeah, sure. It would be naïve of me to put something different I think. Money can provide opportunities for not only ourselves but our nearest and dearest. My family is so important to me that being able to provide for them makes me happy. Of course, if you’re mean spirited then that’s who you are and money will not make a jot of difference. If you’re a happy soul then poverty would not necessarily extinguish that flame.
7. Is your happiness influenced by the things you do or the way you think? My happiness can be influenced by the reaction of others around me. Generally, I jog along being pretty positive, it will be outside influences or a huge hormone surge that would shift that around a bit.
9. Which wine makes you happier – red or white? Whichever is in the fridge.
10. Share a quote that makes you smile. Love you to the moon and back! That one never fails to put a smile on my face and a glow in my heart.
I’m Mainly from My Real Fairy. I blog about all manner of things to do with mine and my families life. I have 2 boys age 7 and 10 and a partner and we all live on the coast in Dorset.
My blog has a theme that links back to fairy and folklore but is certainly not defined by that. I use the blog to express what’s happening here and now and what is relevant to me. I also have a pull towards poetry and will also throw in some crafting – if its incredibly easy!;)