I’m not a fan of cleaning. I love when my house is clean but I dread thinking about the cleaning process. Once I start cleaning, I get a little obsessed & want everything to be done. Then it’s gloriously clean for a minute or two and then the re-dirtying process begins again.
It’s that time of year again – time for the spring clean. The mother of all cleanings. So I have been a busy bee cleaning floors, counters, windows etc. It was perfect timing to try out a new toy – the Dyson V8 Absolute!
Up until now, I’ve always owned hoovers with a cord. The one I have now is your standard looking hoover with a big unit, a hose & a long cord. I’m used to it now but I still find doing stairs & hard to reach places really difficult.
I had already vacuumed our house the morning that our new Dyson arrived. I of course unboxed & charged it up right away. And the next day I vacuumed a few key areas like under the table & around the sitting room to try her out. I was shocked & horrified by the huge amount of dirt the Dyson collected!! Either we create a ridiculous amount of dirt daily or my old vacuum was failing at collecting the dirt (after using the Dyson for a few weeks I’ve learned my old vaccum just wasn’t collecting as much dirt).
So I immediately loved my new Dyson because of how much it picked up. Anything that makes the terrible job of cleaning that bit easier & more efficient gets two thumbs up from me!
I was also really blown away by how easy it is to use. And my oldest said that it looks like the gun from Ghost Busters which made me feel really cool as I sucked up the dirt a/k/a ghosts from the house. lol
I’ve been using the new Dyson V8 Absolute for a few weeks now & am in love with it. Here’s why…
- Ease of Use.
- No cord means it’s easy to lift off its docking station & vacuum quickly. I find myself vacuuming under the table & on the rug into the house more often now that it’s so easy to do so.
- Its lightweight design makes it handy to do stairs, the car & hard to reach places.
- Suction Power. The Dyson picks up soooooo much dirt! I didn’t expect it to be such a huge improvement on the vacuum that I own. Our sitting room rug has never been so clean!
- Attachments for Every Job. The Dyson Absolute comes with an attachment for every job including:
- Hardwood floors
- Pet hair
- Stairs & cars
- Hard to reach places
- No Bag. With the click of a button the dirt collected is dropped into the bin.
- Flexible Head. The carpet & hard wood floor attachments swivel so easily which makes it easy to get along cabinets & where two floors meet. The head also lays down flat for getting under low tables.
See my new Dyson in Action
A video is worth 1,000 words so watch my new Dyson in action – as I unbox & use my lovely new vacuum.
If the video doesn’t play, you can watch it directly on YouTube here.
Facts about the Dyson V8 Absolute
The Dyson V8 Absolute comes with the following attachments & features:
- Direct Drive Cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove even more dirt.
- Soft Roller Cleaner head invented for hard floors. Soft roller cleaner head removes large debris and fine dust simultaneously.
- All Dyson cordless vacuums quickly convert to a handheld for quick clean ups, spot cleaning and cleaning difficult places.
- New Hygienic Dirt Extractor – ejects dust from the bin in a single action.
- Dyson V8 Absolute is powered by a new Nickel-Cobalt-Aluminium battery to deliver up to 40 minutes of fade-free free suction (up to 25 minutes motorized floor tool attached). Max power mode is available for more difficult tasks & lasts 7 minutes.
- Docking Station stores and charges the machine, and holds additional attachments. Charging and storing the vacuum on the docking station means it’s always ready to go.
You can learn more about the Dyson V8 Absolute & other wonderful products over on AO.com.
I was very kindly sent the Dyson to try out for purposes of this honest review; all opinions as always are my own.