Mashed sweet potatoes is one of my all time favorite holiday side dishes. They are so easy to make. They are full of flavour & add that holiday zest to your meal.
3 Gigantic Sweet Potatoes (or 4 regular sized one).
1/2 cup (4oz) Orange Juice
1/2 cup (4oz) Cream
2 tbsp Melted Butter
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup (2oz) Brown Sugar
1. Cook the sweet potatoes until soft. You can roast or steam them.
2. Spoon the flesh into a bowl & add all of the ingredients above.
3. Blend until soft. Taste & add more seasoning if required. You can make the recipe up to this point & keep it in the fridge overnight then bake it the next day.
4. Transfer to a pan, mine is 9″ x 5″. Bake 1/2 hour at 190c / 375f.
5. Mashed sweet potatoes are delicious with turkey or other roast dinners. Serve & enjoy!
Did you ever try mashed sweet potatoes? Do you have a favorite holiday side dish?
Sharing with: #MG