Mac ‘n Cheese is always a kid pleaser.
This is an easy recipe to make tasty Mac ‘n Cheese from scratch, using only healthy ingredients.
This recipe’s proportions are for a 7×11″ tray
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
2 Cups (8oz) of Macaroni pasta
1/4 Cup (2oz) of Butter
1/4 Cup (1oz) of all purpose Flour
1 3/4 cups (375ml) of Milk
3 cups (10oz) White Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Boil a pot of water & cook the macaroni per packet instructions. The pasta can be cooking while you make the cheese sauce. Drain when it’s cooked and place aside. I mix some butter through the pasta to stop it sticking.
2. Pre-Heat the oven to 350f or 180c.
3. Melt the butter in a pot (preferably non-stick). Add the salt, pepper & flour & whisk continuously over a low heat until the mixture is smooth.
4. Slowly add the milk while whisking and bring it to the boil. Allow it to boil for 1 minute, while continuously whisking, then remove from heat.
5. Stir the grated cheddar cheese into the milk mixture. Then stir the cooked macaroni into the sauce. Stir thoroughly.
6. Pour the mixture into your pan and cook in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes until the cheese is browned on top. You can sprinkle paprika on top for the last few minutes of cook time.