I am soooo excited to receive a Liebster Award from the lovely Shannon at Shannonagains. It means so much to be nominated by Shannon!! Her blog is full of positivity, interesting posts about her daughter, family life, and healthy eating. Her blog is well worth following.
This is my first award and as such, I am super enthusiastic about it!! And, it is pink, which makes it even better! It has really encouraged me today and I feel so proud to display it on my new website. (The award is up before this post was finished hahaha).
The Liebster Award is given by a blogger, to a blogger. Shannon was given 11 questions to answer for her nomination. She answered them all and has come up with 11 new questions for myself and the other nominees to answer. It’s a wonderful way for bloggers to connect and support each other.
So, without further ado, here are Shannon’s questions & my answers:
1. How did you decide on your blog’s name? It was tricky! It took a really long time and lots of brainstorming to come up with Cuddle Fairy. I wanted something that gives you a feeling of happiness, positivity and comfort. That was easier said than done. One morning I was pairing different words with Cuddle. I couldn’t find the right combination. My husband suggested Fairy & I was instantly in love with it!
2. What’s your favourite blog post that you have written? My favourite post is definitely 50 Things That Make Me Happy. When I sat down to write it, I was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to think of 50 things. But it was just the opposite, I could have kept going and going. It was such a positive and rewarding experience for me. I think everyone should sit down and make a list themselves.
3. What’s your favourite colour? Pink! I adore pink! My favourite colour to wear is black.
4. Coffee or Tea? Tough choice because I really enjoy both. I like coffee at lunch and tea in the evening. If I was arm-twisted to choose between them, I’d have to go with tea.
5. Who is your favourite Disney Princess? Belle from Beauty & the Beast. I think Princess Sofia is super cute too, and my daughter enjoys her show.
6. Where would you go on holiday if money was no object? If money was no object, I would travel to a few places. Sure, I might as well. 😉 I’d head to Italy, the French Riviera, rent a yacht…I’d really live it up! Oh, and, first I’d go shopping for new clothes.
7. Which TV/Book/Movie character do you think you are most like and why? This is the hardest question. I really don’t know. I’ve written the entire post and have come back to this question again. And, I still can’t think of anyone. So, I resorted to an online quiz to see who I’m most like. I answered their 8 questions and they came back with Bethany Hamilton. Who I have learned is a pro surfer who survived a shark attack and is back surfing. I’m taking that as a great compliment! She’s not a character so it might not count for this question, but I’m sticking with her anyway. I hope that’s okay Shannon!
8. What did you have for breakfast? Same as always – Special K, with granola & Glenisk yoghurt on top & soy milk. I’m a creature of habit.
9. How do you unwind after a difficult day? TV & a glass of wine.
10. If you could send yourself a tweet to the past, to when would you send it, and what would it say? Remember the 140 character limit. I would tweet my high school self & I would say: “Live with no regrets. Cherish every day. Be positive, grateful & gracious.” Alternatively, I would tweet myself to invent Facebook & Twitter!
11. If you could choose the power of invisibility, or the power of flight, which would you choose, and how would you use it? Tough choice, but I’ll go with the power of flight. I could fly the kids to & from school. I’d get a jet pack & cut the trip time in half! Plus, the boys would love it.
In my first two weeks of blogging, I have been so very lucky to connect with some really lovely bloggers. The following 11 blogs really stand out to me and I’d like to nominate you for this award. I think you are all really fantastic bloggers!
1. Pennies Add Up
2. Working Mummy and Wife
4. Growing Up KaterTot
5. Dot Makes 4
7. The Two Darlings
8. Mami 2 Five
9. Baby Holiday
11. When The Dust Settles
If you choose to accept your nomination, here are my 11 questions for you to answer:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
3. What’s your favourite song?
4. What’s your number 1 travel essential?
5. What’s your favourite quote?
6. What’s your favourite blog post that you have written?
7. Where’s your favourite place to shop & why?
8. What’s your favourite fashion item?
9. Tell us something we will be surprised to learn!
10. If you won £1,000,000 what’s the first thing you would do?
11. Give one piece of parenting advice to fellow mums.
Good luck & have fun with it. If you take part let me know so I can read your post!