Welcome to my quote of the week 32 with Candid Cuddles linky. I hope you are all enjoying this festive time of year! Christmas is in full swing in my house. Our tree is up, stockings are hung & we are soaking up the Christmas spirit in town on the weekends. Christmas traditions make the season exciting & fun for the whole family! Here are some of our traditions:
1. Putting up our tree. The ornaments on our Christmas tree are a mix of store bought & handmade pieces. Every year the children each make an ornament for the tree. We also have ornaments that belonged to my grandparents. I love looking at each one when we place them on the tree.
2. Our Elf, Jingle Bells spends the few weeks before Christmas at our house. Santa sent him two years ago & we look forward to seeing what antics he gets up to each morning. My Godmother knitted the scarf & hat for Jingle Bells; he loves wearing them as they keep him nice & warm.
3. Advent calendars. We have too many of them! We have one on the laptop, a timber Santa where you turn the date over & we bought new ones for the kids this year from Playmobil. Each day the children open a box & take out a new piece for the setup. By Christmas, there will be lots of lovely pieces to play with.
4. Hanging our stockings. We each have one & can’t wait to see what Santa puts inside!
5. Watching Christmas movies.
6. Visiting Santa.
7. Enjoying the shops decorated for Christmas.
Christmas is such a special time for families. What are your Christmas traditions?